Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Updates

It has been an interesting couple of days. Saturday I watched the best Derby/Horse race I've ever seen. I did win $45 for the day and I was very happy about that. James helped Guy cook dinner for some people Derby night. That was very exciting for him. I think he was sad to see him go. We did get an invite to come out and visit and he'll be back next year and I plan to be ready to go out and party with them :)

Sunday I had quite a few visitors and one of them included my husband. I was so happy to see him. It was SO HARD to go 4 days without seeing him with me being here in the hospital and emotional that he wasn't around. I didn't want to let on that I was missing him so much or wanted/needed him around because he was working/making money for us and I know it was hard on him (even though he was hanging out with fun people) to be away knowing I was going through things and he couldn't be with me. I made him lay in bed with me when he got here. I wanted him as close as possible. Last night I got to spend some quality alone time with him and I LOVED IT!!

On to baby stuff. Saturday night I had quite a few mild contractions and they called the dr who ordered a shot of Terbutaline to stop the contractions. Thankfully they stopped, but the two side effects of the shot are elevated heart rate and the body becomes jittery and shaky. It feels like my heart is going to jump out of my neck. It's not a good feeling at all. I was so glad my sister was still there because I would've freaked out even more had I been alone. Sunday was fine. Sunday night baby A was going crazy and it felt like he was doing gymnastics in my belly. At one point, he kicked so hard I screamed out in pain. It felt like he had just kicked his way out. I mentioned it to the nurse and she said as they continue to run out of room and things feel tighter, their kicks will feel more and more like that. FUN. Monday morning I woke up, had breakfast, went to the bathroom and started to feel crampy. I called the nurse, she put me on the monitor and I was contracting every two minutes. I sent James a text with each contraction and by #4 within just a few minutes, he left work to come be with me. I was so happy because next thing I knew, the nurse was coming in with a shot of Terbutaline. After that the contractions trailed off, but only for a while. Within an hour they had started again. Nurse comes back in with another shot. I'll do anything for the health of my babies, but going through that back to back was hard and scary. I was so happy James was there with me. After the second shot, the contractions stopped. Thankfully, last night and this morning when I was monitored, no contractions or just one or two. Nothing to be concerned with.

My doc stopped in today. They've been telling me we'll see what's going on at 32 weeks, but she actually explained what they'll do. At 32 weeks (2 more weeks from Thursday) they're going to do a fetal fibronectin test. "The presence of fFN in the cervico-vaginal secretions of symptomatic women during weeks 24 through 34 of gestation (5 1/2 to 8 1/2 months) indicates an increased risk of preterm delivery. However, the absence of fFN is a much more reliable predictor, indicating that the pregnancy is likely to continue for at least another two weeks." They're also going to see if there has been any further dilation. If there has or if the fFN comes back positive, I'm in here until the babies come. If not, I will get to go home and wait for labor. I'm praying for no dilation and a negative fFN, but realistically I'm not going to get my hopes up. I realize with all the contracting, it's very possible that in 2 more weeks I could be another cm or so dilated. We'll see.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Im praying for you hun!!! Those boys have the mom:-)
lots of hugs and love

Kirsten said...

Hi Jeannie,

My name is Kirsten, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for The fetal fibronectin test. I read your blog and thought you might like to become a fan of the fetal fibronectin test on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/FullTerm-The-Fetal-Fibronectin-Test/39071689435). On our fan page we share the latest on the fetal fibronectin test, prematurity and all things pregnancy.

Additionally, if you're interested in receiving our quarterly newsletter, please contact me by emailing fFN@schwartz-pr.com.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the kicks won’t hurt so much going forward. 

Regards,
Kirsten
fFN@schwartz-pr.com