Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tomorrow.....Home or Hospital

Things are on track for me to go home tomorrow.....but we still have to have the Fetal Fibernectin swab. On the monitor today I had irritability but no big contractions to be worried about. One of the doctors came in and said as long as the contractions I'm having aren't painful and there's no bleeding, she's not concerned about them. She said if at this point, hitting 32 weeks, if things do progress, they're not going to do anything to stop it. They'll take me off the Procardia at the end of 34 weeks, if we haven't gone into labor by that point.

Tomorrow's Game Plan: Unless the on call dr is held up, she'll do the swab in the morning and send down to the lab for the results. We had this done the first time I was in the hospital and the results only took about an hour. Hopefully it will be about that time frame tomorrow too. We are praying that the results are negative so that I am able to go home. If it comes back positive, we'll be preparing to see the boys very soon.

As I was showering today, I was thinking just how blessed we've been through this entire pregnancy. Yes I've been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks, but we've not had any real complications. I've not felt most of the contractions I've been having and these boys continue to grow, look, and behave healthy. When I stop to think about all of this, there's only one thing I can do.....Thank God. I also have to thank you guys for sending up prayers for us. It means so much! I'm doing all I can, but it's not in my hands. It's in His hands. He's been with me/with us the whole time and never let go. There are two songs that bring me peace about it all. I love them both and must share.

Tim Hughes
"Whole World in His Hands"
Chorus: I'll fear no evil for You are with me, strong to deliver, mighty to save
He's got the whole world in His hands.



The other song: Matt Redman "Never Let Go"
And I will fear no evil For my God is with me
And if my God is with me, whom then shall I fear whom then shall I fear
Oh no, You never let go Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go in every high and every low
Oh no You never let go, Lord You never let go of me!



Just so THANKFUL!!

2 comments:

Alicea said...

Yay!! Good luck with the test tomorrow - I'm praying you get to go home!!!!

Amy said...

hope you got to go home today!