Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Crazy Day

So last night, one of my doctors came in and said since they're wanting to send me home, they wanted to see how my body would react to not getting the terbutiline shots. See what would happen if they didn't stop the contractions since I won't have access to the shot at home. Makes total sense.
This morning I went on the monitor just a few minutes after 9am. Normally I'm monitored for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour at night. After about 2 hours this morning, the nurse came in and said my doctor wanted me to stay on the monitor for another hour to watch the contractions. Well, every time she attempted to do her rounds, she'd get called for a delivery so a few hours turned in to 7. Let me tell you, when you're strapped down and every movement you make spikes like a contraction on the monitor making you afraid to move, you get very uncomfortable and stiff. Finally she made it in and wanted to check my cervix. See if the last three weeks of contractions have caused any progression. OUCH! Then she said I was only 1cm and still long. HUH? The dr that admitted me said I was 2cm. She said no, I was really just 1cm. We were both very happy that I haven't progressed any. She said the plan is still to have the fetal fibernectin test Thursday morning (something a nurse can do so we don't have to wait for the dr) and as long as it's negative and nothing crazy happens tomorrow as far as contractions go, I will get to go home Thursday. Praise GOD!! It was such a relief. Now I'm praying everything goes well from now until then so I am able to go. I'm so thankful to all of you who have been praying for me & these wonderful babies.
I can't wait to see my doggy!!

*I realize in going home I very well could end up right back here before the babies come, but just having a few days at home is a blessing.

4 comments:

Amy said...

yay! hope the test comes back negative and your on your way home! then go sit outside as much as you can, it's been so wonderful out! gl!

Shannon said...

Oh thats wonderful hun!! Im so happy that you get to go home. And your right just a couple days at home will make it well worth it.
Thinking and praying for you!
((hugs))

Alicea said...

Yay, I'm so glad you'll be able to go home - even if it's just for a few days. Enjoy them!!

Shannon said...

I pray you get to go home, even if its for a little!