Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Doggy Visit

My dad and step mom brought our dog Bailey up to the hospital last night to visit. James took me on my one wheelchair ride I'm allowed a day and we went out to the parking lot to see her. At first she didn't even recognize me. James said it was the wheelchair, but it was disappointing regardless. After she smelled me she seemed to know who I was but she was more interested in sniffing new surroundings that visiting with me. We sat outside for a while and she came up to me twice and let me rub on her. Then James' brother walked up and Bailey went nuts for him. She had no trouble knowing him. Made me kind of sad. Makes me very anxious to get home so she can be home with us again.

On another sad note, James has strep throat. He won't be visiting today which bums me out a bit. If he's not coughing, dr said he should be ok to visit tomorrow, if he's feeling better. I feel partly responsible for him getting sick because he's pulled in so many directions and hasn't been getting enough sleep. He's been getting up early so he can get work done early to come here and stay with me for the evening. He just needs to rest and I guess this is his body's way of saying slow down :(

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Aww, Im glad you got to see Bailey, how fun! Im sorry James got strep, but I think you're right- he probably needs to slow down a bit and this will help.

Im thinking of you and praying for you all the time!

Katie said...

I'm glad you got to see Bailey, and I know if it were my dogs they'd be super distracted by the wheelchair and probably have the same reaction. I'm sure it's still hard, but it'll be over before you know it (not before the babies are ready though, fingers crossed).

Sorry James got strep, but hopefully he'll take it easy and be back soon!

Shannon said...

Im so glad you got to see Bailey! Did you take any pictures?
Im praying for you lots, and lets hope James gets better soon!