Saturday, June 6, 2009

Swelling & Sciatic Pain

I had to take my rings off in the hospital b/c my fingers were a bit puffy and I didn't want to risk them getting stuck. I really didn't have any foot/ankle swelling in the hospital. Over the last two weeks, you'd think I'd never had ankles. I've always loved the smallness of my feet. I wear mostly 6 1/2 and my feet were slender. They are one of my favorite features about my body. Well, now they don't even look like my feet. It's silly, but it's sad. It's not like I'm wearing heels or anything, but I miss my feet. Of course keeping my legs up keeps the swelling down so I'm trying to do that as much as possible. I can't complain though, I'm not swelling anywhere else.

Over the last week-week and a half, I've felt a pain on the upper inside of my right thigh. Well the other night I finally did some googling and it appears to be sciatic nerve pain. It definitely makes getting up and moving around much more difficult (as if the belly didn't do that enough). It seems to feel better if I'm up and moving around but it is much worse at night when I'm trying to get out of bed. Thankfully it seems to be located just in that one spot and not all the way down my leg.

I NEED TO PACK MY HOSPITAL BAG. The caps is just me yelling at myself for not finishing this already. I just for whatever reason can't get motivated to do it. Maybe it's because I had already done this once and I stayed in the hospital for close to a month. I don't know but I have to get it finished!!

No comments: