Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Eventful Yesterday

Yesterday was exciting and disappointing all in one. Tuesday night before I went to bed I noticed my underwear were wet. After changing them, I didn't think anything of it. This is around the time stuff just starts to happen so I just went to bed. In the middle of the night I noticed it again. After I was up and packing our hospital bag, I bent over, stood up, and noticed it again. After it happened again I called my cousin to see if she thought this was something to be concerned about/call the dr or just something that happens. She said she thought it was either my water was leaking or maybe it was just urine. Well to me, it just didn't seem like urine. So I called the dr and 2 hours later they called back and suggested I go to the hospital to get tested to see if it was my water. So we packed up, thought it was time to have some babies, and headed to the hospital. An hour later we were on our way home. It wasn't my water, just watery mucus. How lovely. I was ready to see my baby boys and we got sent home. Granted I realize the longer they're in there the better it is for them, but it was still incredibly disappointing. I know I didn't know what it was at the time, but I really felt silly. Kind of like the girl who cried labor/boy who cried wolf. The nurse told us if we don't know then coming to the hospital is the best option, but still. I felt stupid. Who doesn't know the difference in mucus and their bag of water breaking? Apparently me. So we went home to wait.

Since everyone had taken off work the rest of the day, my dad and step mom brought out the bookshelf that my dad made for the nursery. They helped hang the last of the things on the walls and now the nursery is complete. I'm super excited. I have some pictures of the nursery, some of my belly at 34 weeks, today at 34w6d and I took a picture of a 3d/4d ultrasound pic we got. I haven't scanned it in so the quality may not be great, it's just a picture of a picture.

34 weeks


34 wks, HUGE belly

Blurry, but it shows the size of the belly

Precious Baby Boy B



3 comments:

Alicea said...

Ahhhh...the nursery, you and the baby all look great!!! I'm so sorry for the disappointment in thinking your water broke. I think that's going to be the scariest thing for me is knowing when I am actually going in to labor! I keep thinking about those scenes from Father of the Bride II where they keep going to the hospital only to have a false alarm! LOL.

Amy said...

I'm sorry you were disappointed! Your nursery looks wonderful! And your belly - wow, you look great! I give you a lot of credit because I'm sure you can't be all too comfortable! Hang in there. :)

Shannon said...

Im praying for you lots hun!!! You look beautiful!! Love the belly:-) Cant wait to meet the boys!
Lots of hugs and love