Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Best of Friends

Yesterday was the shower with my girlfriends. We all worked together at Maryhurst (http://www.maryhurst.org) and were inseparable for the longest time. Well, life happens and people get busy so our time spent together isn't as often, but always as fun. Originally we were going to a little cafe where we were going to get dressed up but the whole bed rest thing kind of got in the way so they happily adjusted plans to my house. It was such a great time. We had a picnic lunch, fruit, an awesome homemade cake by our little cake maker Angie, and rootbeer!! They even helped me go through bags from the last shower and washed baby stuff for me!! I miss hanging out with these girls! One is already gone, school in CO, another is getting ready to move to GA for a year and then to NY all for her PhD program. I know we all have to grow up, but it's just sad sometimes when life leads you in different directions (i.e. different states).

Bedrest is going fine. Wednesday and Thursday I was alone all day, but Friday my MIL came over and did some arrends and laundry for me. The girls came over yesterday and my mom is coming over today to help wash baby clothes and clean up. James is working OT details this weekend to kind of compensate for my loss in wages so he worked yesterday and is working today. Poor guy. Next week shouldn't be too bad. Tuesday my cousin April is planning to come out and Wednesday is our next appointment. My cousin Brittany, who happens to be pregnant as well-just a week behind, and her mom said they could come out on Friday to help as well. I like having visitors. I feel kind of bossy telling people what to do while I lay here, but I guess that's the point of bed rest and what family is for! Thankfully I have a great family that is willing to help.

Here are a few shots from the shower.



3 comments:

Alicea said...

I'm glad you're getting help and had such an awesome shower! You look beautiful, too!

Shannon said...

Aww thats awesome that your friends came over for you shower, they sounds great!
And of course you look amazing!
((hugs))

Amy said...

you look great! hopefully the time goes by fast for you. that's awesome you have so much help and they boys aren't even here yet!