Thursday, April 23, 2009

28 weeks

So I've decided since we're getting down towards the last 10 weeks (praying we make it), I'm gonna start filling in the weekly questionnaire.

How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +27 lbs
Maternity clothes? Absolutely, out growing most
Stretch marks? :( A few, accepting it as ok because of the twins
Sleep: 2 hours at a time
Best moment this week: Coming home from the hospital
Movement: Yes
Food cravings: This week is chocolate milk and donuts
Labor Signs: Contractions, dilation of 1cm, luckily the meds have seemed to stop them
Belly Button in or out? Out
What I miss: Being able to come and go as necessary or as I please
What I am looking forward to: finishing the nursery
Weekly Wisdom: As much as I thought this before, I know now I will do whatever is necessary to keep these babies from coming early!
Milestones: Feeling both babies have the hiccups! How awesome!

It was so neat to feel the babies have the hiccups and while in the hospital, we even got to see it on the ultrasound. Since I'm on bedrest now, I have a lot of time to think. I realize just how much needs to be done for us to be "ready" for these babies. Ready in the sense of their room/clothing/beds being ready. We have tons of clothes to wash, mattress pads and bedding to wash, I need to get the curtains picked out and hung. The guest bedroom needs to be finished for visitors, plus the rest of the house needs to be picked up.

My girlfriends were throwing a shower for me on Saturday at a local cafe that I was so looking forward to. Now, we have moved the shower to my house, which is fine, but man we need to clean up the living room/kitchen so the girls have room to sit/cook or whatever. It's still going be a great time though. It has been too long since we've all gotten together, and we'll still be minus one.

No comments: