Thursday, April 30, 2009

29 Weeks

We've made it to 29 weeks! Now our next goal is to make it to 32 weeks. The doctor that admitted me and the doctor that made rounds this morning seem to think with hospital bed rest and monitoring, we can make it to 32 weeks. They said if/when we do make it to 32 weeks, if there hasn't been too much progression, they'll probably send me home on bed rest only getting up for bathroom reasons. I want these little guys to stay as long as possible!!

This morning a lactation nurse came in and gave us some info on breastfeeding/pumping. A little while later, the hospital's Women's Pavillion educator came and gave me some more info/materials to read on preterm labor, premature babies, and breast feeding. Sometime today the Neonatalogist is supposed to come in and give me some info on risks associated with each week they deliver early. I think that will be very helpful to know what we're facing, coming from a dr rather than what I've read on the internet. The problem is James is working so I'm getting all of this info by myself and between the baby brain and overwhelming amount of info I've received today, I don't know what I'll actually retain. I guess that's why they give you reading materials to keep.

Saturday is the KY Derby. My dad works at Churchill Downs so we've always gone to the Derby every year. This will be the first year I'm not going and I'm very bummed about it. Luckily my sister will be coming up to keep me company instead of going. James is working celebrity security all weekend so if I see him, it will be very minimal and that makes me sad. Another thing that makes me sad.....I finally FINALLY get my sex drive back (yay) and I'm admitted in the hospital. In the scheme of things, it's not a big deal, but it feels like a big deal right now. Sorry James :)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Your awesome Jeannie! lol Thats funny about the sex drive, Maybe James can make it in for a quickie??? ;-)
Thats really too bad about the derby:( But Im glad your sister is coming to keep you company!
Lots of hugs! If you want to chat just email me your number at the hospital

Shannon said...

Hey hun! I've been thinking about you and praying for the babies! I wish I was closer, Id come keep you company in the hospital!

Alicea said...

I've been thinking about you - I hope you are doing ok. I know staying in the hospital can't be all that fun, so I hope you're able to go home soon! (((HUGS)))

L said...

Sending prayers your little boys stay put for awhile longer. ((hugs))