Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Fluke?

For the last 3 to 4 weeks, the boys didn't want to nap. They'd take a 20-30 minute nap here and there but overall, they just weren't sleeping during the day. They were also not sleeping at the same time. I'd get one down and by the time I got the other one down, his brother was waking up. They were sleeping through the night (have been for quite a while) so I wasn't able to complain too much. To be honest it has been a little rough (a lot rough some days) when they don't want to sleep but cry because they are so tired. Well, yesterday we went to a friend's wedding and they slept all the way there, through the whole wedding and all the way to the reception cite. This shocked me because lately as soon as the car stops they've been waking up. Lucas has had some nasal congestion so he hasn't been sleeping well or at all at night so I figured this is why he was so tired. However, today I was home alone during the afternoon and they started their I'm tired cry. I put them down for a nap within minutes of each other. Twenty minutes past and I was just waiting for them to wake up, but they didn't. An hour and a half later they woke up. I couldn't believe it. They actually had a real good nap. I brought them downstairs and they both went back to sleep about another 20-30 minutes. I am hoping it's not a fluke but I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Poor Lucas. I feel so bad for the little guy. He started out stuffy a few days ago. The first night, I just propped him up on my arm to keep his head somewhat elevated and that worked. The next night we made sure we didn't forget to turn the humidifier on. Again, he woke up in the middle of the night stuffy and having a hard time breathing. Again, I propped him up on my arm. Well, after 3 nights of this we decided to try saline drops. They didn't seem to be doing the trick until we realized we weren't using enough of them to cause them to flush out the "gunk" through the opposite nostril. Once we started doing that he's been breathing much better. The sad thing is as of today he has a cough. No fever thankfully. Since James & I both have sinus issues so we knew they probably would too. He'll be going to visit the dr tomorrow. I just feel awful every time he coughs. Some of it is just the drainage, but I'm sure some of it is some congestion in his chest. I wish I could make it better for him.

I still need to post Halloween pictures and a few others that are cute, I just haven't taken the time to transfer them from my camera.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh that's so sad about the coughing! Maddie's had a cough once or twice now (not recurring, just random 'spit went down the wrong tube'-like) and it stops me in my tracks! So glad to hear sleeping is going better - it's amazing how much of a difference it makes! For them too! :)