Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Big Day

Today was a day of firsts at our house. It's my dad's birthday so it's his first birthday as a Papaw. (we made him two photo collages-one for each boy-and he loved them. also going to make them for our house) The boys tried rice cereal for the first time. It was so funny. I got their first attempt on camera. Haven't had a chance to upload it yet but as soon as I do, I will post it. Ethan took to it immediately. He was even opening his mouth as the spoon got closer. It was adorable. He had a few spits, but overall he did so well with it. Lucas on the other hand, didn't really care for it. He even pierced his lips together to prevent me from attempting to get it in. We tried again later and he was more receptive to it. I think a few more tries and he'll get it, he just needs time to figure out what's going on.

Ethan rolled over tonight. I'm not sure if I've blogged about Lucas rolling over but he has, twice, from belly to back. The first time I missed it but I was front & center for the second roll. I had the boys on a blanket laying on their backs taking a break from tummy time and I walked away to check on the cornbread that was in the oven. I walked back and Ethan was laying on his belly off the blanket sucking on his fingers and having a good ol time. I just couldn't believe it. He's been rolling onto his side a lot but hasn't been able to get all the way over. I'm not sure what his motivation was to make it all the way over, but I was happy he did it, even if I missed it. So now the boys have both rolled over, we just need to work on it becoming a frequent event. Speaking of rolling over, Ethan slept on his side for the first time today. I'm not going to lie, it made me kind of nervous. We still swaddle at night. We're working on breaking them of it. Right now we're doing one arm out at night, both arms out but legs in when we put them down after their first am bottle and during the day no swaddle. We've been doing no swaddle for naps for a couple of weeks now and so far they've both slept on their backs. That is until today. He didn't roll over onto his face so it wasn't a big deal, but I am a worrier so I worried a little.

It was a very productive day here. The boys had their firsts and I had mine. I love being crafty. I like doing things on my own and like being taught things others can do. Every year I love doing Christmas crafts. It has become a tradition over the last few years to do Christmas crafts with my bff Angie. This year was no different. We got some very inexpensive wreaths and decided to decorate them ourselves. Something new for both of us. I wanted mine very simple because my intention is to put a big candle in the hole and make it into a center piece for our kitchen table. I liked how it turned out and until I start decorating and am ready to put it on the table, it's hanging up on the front of our basement door. I also got baby's first Christmas stockings for the boys yesterday. Since this will be their only first Christmas, I want to make sure we do it up nicely. I don't want to look back and say, "man I wish I would've done that". I want to make them a baby's first Christmas ornament that is personalized for each of them. One of the many projects I have in mind over the next month and a half. Stay tuned for pictures :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Your such a great mommy!