Monday, April 4, 2011

We Are Paci FREE!!!!

Yeah Baby!!! I've been wanting to do it for a while, but with hesitation from my husband I kept putting off taking away their paci's. I decided last Thursday that I was going to cut off the tips Friday night and we were going to spend the weekend trying to get used to no paci's. After about 20 minutes of crying at bedtime Friday, they quieted down and went to sleep. Not bad at all. I expected much worse. Saturday at naptime was a different story. My dad and stepmom came over to play with the boys while James and I worked on some spring cleaning. After their arrival and about an hour of the boys fussing, we just got them up. They played hard with Papaw & Mamaw and went right to sleep later that afternoon. Bedtime came, laid them down and they went right to sleep. Yesterday they napped in the car on the way home from the zoo so naptime wasn't an issue. Last night when we laid them down, again, no fussing at all!!! This makes me very happy!! The only downfall right now is that Lucas isn't able to really soothe himself when he wakes up early so he cries out. Ethan has a doggy that he takes with him everywhere so he cuddles with that when needed. All in all, it went a million times better than I expected :)

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Good for you! I'm happy it went well for you guys, nice work!