Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blog Crush

I've started the initial planning stages for Birthday Blowout 2.0! In the process of looking for great homemade decoration ideas on both etsy and in blogland, I've come across some great things. I found the inspiration for the party and I'm super psyched about it. I wish you all lived nearby to come b/c if it turns out half as cool as it is in my head, it will be sa-weet!! While looking for awesome DIY ideas, I asked my fab friend Angie to direct me to some of the cool blogs she follows. She's always up for a cool DIY project so I knew she'd have some good blogs to check out.
This is where my blog crush comes in. She sent me the link to the very fabulous blog of Kristin at http://www.mysweetheartmoments.com/. She is has an eye for decorating, re-purposing, and just general craftiness. I have been super inspired by her blog and instead of just talking about all the things I'd like to do to my house, I've actually started pursuing things to make those ideas come to life. I love my house. However, my house is boring. Boring in the sense that there just isn't a lot of color or that "homey" feel to it. The main culprit is the lack of window treatments. When we bought the house we had blinds installed with a piece of decorative trim and b/c of that, James felt no curtains were needed. Um, no. I'm slowly working on getting curtains and valances up in all of the rooms. I spend the majority of my time in our living room so I want it to have a more comfy feel to it. I don't think that's a lot to ask nor will it take a lot of money to achieve. I need to add a few splashes of fun color here and there in a way that will be stylish and toddler friendly!! I've done some analyzing and come to the conclusion that I have a shabby chic style interest that I'd really like to implement. I checked out our local peddler's mall yesterday and got a few cute treasures for my mantle and tomorrow will be perusing yet another peddlers mall to see what I can find. I'm going to take it slow because I really do try to take on too much at once and then get burnt out. That's how my house has never been completely decorated, even after living here 2.5 years.

I also came across this blog today, http://betterafter.blogspot.com/ which has made me giddy too. I love to see what other people come up with and try to build my own visions from that. I'm getting uber excited that yard sale season is getting ready to start up. I just know there are some awesome things out there in other people's homes that would be great for me!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

cool! thanks for sharing!