Sunday, January 9, 2011

Catching Up

The boys had their 18th month check up the week after Christmas. Everything went well. Ethan weighed in at 24.2 lbs and Lucas was 26lbs. I can't believe there is almost 2 lbs difference. Ethan is still a 1/4 of an inch taller. They are so spunky and interested in EVERYTHING!!! Definitely keeping me on my toes.

Favorite/Most used words.....
Ethan:
* Mommy is his most used and favorite word. He says Daddy, just not often enough because everything is Mommy. Sometimes is so cute. Sometimes it isn't ;)
*Bubby. I don't know where this word came from, but out of no where he started calling Lucas Bubby.
*Cold. Anything that he touches that isn't warm, he tells us it's cold.
*Night Night. When it's time to go to bed, he says it's night night time.
*Doggy. Still one of his favorites. If he sees anything that could resemble a dog in any way he shouts out doggy.

Lucas:
*Elmo. He has a new love for Elmo and I'm not sure where it came from.
*Please. He says please now more often than signing it. Makes me proud :)
*Bite/More. This kid loves to eat. He makes sure to let us know he wants more.
*Choo-choo. Every time he hears a train near by, he shouts out choo choo.
*Dad. He gets so excited when James is coming in from work.
*Call. The phone "call" has not gotten old yet, to him at least.
*Down. When he's ready to go downstairs, wants down out of his highchair, or down from being held he says down.
*Book. This kid loves books. Loves to go through them, eat them, tear them, carry them around. Anything he can do with a book, he does.
*Bay. That's what he calls Bailey. Ethan calls her doggy and Lucas calls her Bay.

They do say other things and are big into repeating right now, but those are the words I hear most often (that I can think of right now).

They still don't interact with each other as much as I think twins should/would, but they seem to be a little more interactive than they used to. We have a small child's tent in the basement that they play in together, sort of. They play in it at the same time which is more than anything else. Usually it's Lucas playing with something and Ethan taking it away.

They got potty chairs for Christmas so I am trying to get them used to just sitting on them. They can tell us when they've gone potty/poopy and will tug at their diapers so it's at least time to get them comfortable with their potty chairs. They'd rather just sit their stuffed animals on them though.

So that's about all that's new, I think. They're in to everything all of the time. Keeping me on my toes.

No comments: