Friday, October 2, 2009

Readjusted

We arrived home from our Gatlinburg trip Monday night. The ride home was a bit rough. Between being gone for 3 and being stuck in a car for over 4 hours, you could imagine that the routine that we had successfully established was shot to crap. I knew things would be off but I didn't realize how off they really would be. Tuesday was awful. They were so used to being held and rocked to sleep that they still wanted to be held and cried horribly when they weren't. Wednesday was just as bad. Whenever I'd try to put them down for a nap they would wake up. Wednesday night after bathtime they went right to sleep and THANKFULLY, we seem to be back into our routine.As of Tuesday we have officially moved Ethan into his own crib. They were just so fussy and crying so much that I thought they'd have a better chance of them falling asleep if they were separate. So far it seems to be going just fine. Since they don't really seem to pay attention to each other I didn't think it would be a problem. It's almost kind of sad because they are getting so big that they wouldn't have fit together much longer anyway.

Last night I packed away the last of their 0-3 month clothes last night. I just can't believe how big they are geting. They're growing into their personality so much. They're just adorable! Smiling all the time. They're so close to rolling over too. I'm on the edge of my seat each time we have tummy time because they almost make it over. It should be any day now. Last Wednesday I stepped on the scale with each of them and was shocked to see that according to our scale they were both weighing in at 12 lbs. That means Lucas managed to gain 13oz more than Ethan because at the last check up Lucas was behind that much. He is definitely a butterball compared to Ethan but he's so cute that way.

On a side note....in high school my nickname was Jean Bean. One of my friends from hs is coming home for Christmas and said she and her sister want to meet the Beanie Babies. I laughed so hard. How cute!

Here are a few pics from the Gatlinburg trip. I have more of Lucas because Ethan was sleeping more often.

Lucas getting ready to play pool.

The boys in the stroller at the top of Clingman's Dome in the Smokey Mountain National Park.

New family photo.

Lucas cheese'n it up big time.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great vacation pics, the boys are cute as always!